Sunday, July 10, 2005

WSOP Main Event Day 2

Now that the three flights of players have been reduced by two thirds, they all get to come back today to face another room full of people. It's got to be a little bit daunting. I'm glad to see that a couple of RGP pals are still in. Patrick Jackson (PMJackson21) told me this morning that he has 36,000 and change going into today. I heard Jordan Devenport (Fell Knight) has around 60,000. Former RGPers like Chris Ferguson and Andy Bloch were once first time main event players. Who knows what success the current crop might yield?

I collected some more free goodies yesterday at the lifestyle show so for any poker buddies reading at home you might be getting something. You could barely walk through there yesterday afternoon as Phil Hellmuth, Scott Fischman and Greg Raymer were all signing autographs at the same time.

I'll probably swing by the Rio later, but I'm going to stop by the Excalibur, Luxor and Mandalay Bay poker rooms for research on my Vegas poker guide book first.

No comments: