Saturday, July 02, 2005

Vegas Day (What day is it?)

I'm starting to lose track of time in this crazy town of gamblers, drunks and fools -- adjectives which all could often describe the same person. I walked past one drunk chick in front of the Flamingo last night who keep uttering "Good luck" to everyone she passed. I could use some. Even discounting my big buy in tournament I'm down $500 for the trip. Honestly, that isn't much in the poker player's world, but I had some delusions of grandeur for my vacation, not visions of medicority. I just wish a few more of my good hands would hold up!

Some Tuscaloosa boys (actually men in their 40s and 50s) are in town this week and we've hung out some. I've been lax in actual newsgathering the last two days, leaving both my camera and my press pass in my hotel room. Well, on Thursday my lock stopped working and they had to drill through the thing to let me in my room and move me to the adjoining one. I knew there was something wrong about my 911. I just took the day off from poker and went to the Neonopolis theatre to watch War of the Worlds. Pretty good, if not great, movie.

I should have some decent reports in the coming days.

No comments: