Monday, June 27, 2005

Vegas Day 5

I checked out a couple of more poker rooms on the Strip today and hit MGM again briefly. I haven't mentioned yet that I am putting together another book proposal, this one called Pocket Guide to Vegas Poker. It would be a pocket size book (obviously) that would detail each Las Vegas poker room -- what games are offered, what tournaments are offered, the room's atmosphere, the quality of the players, etc. -- as well as provide need to know information for the poker newbie who wants to play poker in Vegas for the first time (that game they've seen on television.) I think this ought to be an easy sale. I sent the proposal to my agent this morning.

I finished the evening at the Golden Nugget for some 1-2 NL, running into Tim, a guy I played with a couple of days earlier at the Plaza (I'm starting to run into several people I had met days before at this point.) I doubled my $200 on one hand, receiving the A-4 of hearts in early position. I limped (there was a lot of that in this game so I didn't have to worry about a raise behind me very often) and several others did the same. The flop was 6h-7h-10h. Hello! I checked and a guy a few seats to my left bets $15, which is called in three places. I risk a check again on the blank turn (risky because it could have been checked around) and the original bettor also checks, but the guy in last position goes all in for $85. Yes! Now do I call or raise? I decided to just call. Even if the original bettor has something like a set, he's about a 4.5 to 1 dog to fill up on the river and he's only getting 3 to 1 on his money to call the $85 bet. To my delight he calls and the river is another thudding blank. I go all in for $100, hoping he has something he can call that with, but he folds. I happily take the pot. I won about $300 on the day.

Heading back to the Rio today to see if I can find more pros open for an interview and play some satellites for tomorrow's $2,000 NLHE event.

No comments: