Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Vegas, baby, Vegas!

I leave for the airport in a few hours for the flight to Vegas. My nearly month long trip has finally come. Hopefully, I won't go stir crazy out there.

It felt pretty weird waking up yesterday morning without the sound of an alarm clock on Monday morning. It still felt pretty weird to wake up this morning sans alarm. I imagine my new routine will become more and more normal as the time passes, but right now it's strange. It sort of takes me back to the college days, when I never scheduled a class before 11 a.m. if I could help it.

It was sad leaving work last week, packing up my stuff after five years. I might go back there in a year. I might not. Part of me wants to go back today, but I assure you that is only a very small part, and I think that feeling is only brought on by the immediate sadness that was inevitable at my departure. After a couple of months, who knows how I will feel about that?

I've posted several pictures below from my going away parties at work and at a friend's house. I hope to bring you many more photos and updates from Vegas beginning tomorrow or Thursday. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Ignatious said...

good luck, johnny!