Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Arrogance is not a virtue

I find it funny how high an opinion some in the world of poker have of themselves. I'm not talking about players like Hellmuth. Their arrogance is a given. I'm speaking of some of the poker writers.

The other day I sought advice from someone about WSOP media passes since I would like to get one after I get a publisher for the book. I put my usual tagline for my blog after my name on my post. The response was that passes would be tough to come by (which doesn't surprise me necessarily) but then some derogatory remark about bloggers and how they don't count as accredited media. Well no kidding. The post also reeked of arrogance from the responder, who writes for an online poker site. I must say I was rather amused by his attitude and what appeared to be him looking down at me.

So to fight arrogance with arrogance: My work has been published in the Atlanta Journal Constitution, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, San Francisco Chronicle, and, oh yeah, The New York Times. You WRITE FOR AN ONLINE POKER SITE.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

3 comments:

Felicia :) said...

Will you please write me, or IM me about this?

I'm fzdyer on both Yahoo and MSN (hotmail).

Ignatious said...

lol, nice rebuttal. i saw the exchange you speak of....pretty damn silly.

Anonymous said...

ALAMO POKER
You can find your site,play Online Poker at AlamoPoker.com.
The best online poker room, win Real Money Poker Tables and Poker Tournaments.
Learn how to Play online poker games, Texas Hold'em, Omaha High, Omaha 8 or Better, Seven
Card Stud, Stud 8 or Better.
URL: http://www.alamopoker.com
Email: links@alamopoker.com