Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Signing off from Vegas

It wasn't a very post filled trip, I know. But with the writing work good, that's nice for the pocketbook.

They're in the Amazon Room now playing for $8 million, four handed for awhile now. I float in there now and then to check the progress, but mostly keep up with it on PokerNews.

It wasn't quite the summer of '06, but I enjoyed the trip. Only broke even playing poker in town (but have won nearly $2K online just sitting around in the media room the last couple of days). Just couldn't win the coinflips or otherwise might be up $5K or more.

Hopefully, the work I've done here will pay off when I return with my continued writing for PokerWorks and Rounder. I'm also feeling strongly about turning more seriously toward tournament poker. Even though I haven't been very lucky on this trip, I feel I'm making good reads and having the courage to act on them, whether it's calling a big bluff on the river or calling an all in with 4-4 when I am convinced my opponent has two high cards. I'll be working on building a bankroll for the FTOPS and WCOOP events. Maybe I can make some noise.

But first and foremost, it's wedding planning. Amy and I get married in just over a month and we have to pick out the cake and flowers. I am very excited about the future and spending my life with her. She also puts up with my poker playing, which most normal people would think is pretty crazy. Amy's a keeper.

But now I must pack up and drive back to Binion's to catch six hours sleep. My flight's at 8:30 in the morning.

Good night from Vegas.

No comments: