Wednesday, January 05, 2005

And to Tunica we shall go

It's rise and shine time tomorrow at 6 a.m. as myself and a couple of friends head to Tunica for four days of poker madness at the World Poker Open. I'll try to post daily reports if I can get my new laptop to connect to the 'net up there.

On another note, rumors of my impending book efforts reached the higher ups before I could even broach the subject with them. In a meeting with the managing editor, I was encouraged by his enthusiasm for my plans. So the newspaper may work with me and give me a year off, but that's still up in the air. We'll cross that bridge in a few months. There's even talk of me writing a weekly poker strategy column that would run in the T-News and sent over the wire to other newspapers in the New York Times Regional Newspaper Group of which we are a part. More details to come...

No comments: