Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Operation Luckbox continues





I came within a hand or two last night of winning back to back BBT tournaments when I finished second in the 6-Max NLHE event last night. When we got to the final table I was last in chips but managed to catch my luckbox run of hands and build a stack. I got headsup with Lucko and it was a good battle. I tried to play small pot poker at first and it was working fine when I built a 2 to 1 chip lead, but then Lucko made some great plays.

Here's one:

Blinds are 1,200/2,400 and I limp on the button with A-2. He makes it 7,200 and I call. Flop is J-3-2 and he bets out (maybe 11K, 12K?) and I call. Turn is a middling card and he checks. I bet 20K or so and he check raises all in.

A couple of good trapping plays like this and Lucko built himself a 2 to 1 lead. On the last hand I called a raise with Js-7s and after a 10 high flop with two spades I checkraised all in. Lucko held K-T and I had the 12 outs I wanted, but he hit a king on the turn and I missed my then 9 outer on the river. A quick perusal of Lucko's blog shows he's quite the player so I certainly don't feel bad about the loss.

On the positive side, the high finish moved me up to 3rd in the standings. It's going to be tough to pull ahead of twoblackaces (who ALWAYS finishes in the top 25%...ok, not always, only 5 of 6!), but it will certainly be fun to try.

Until next time...

2 comments:

lucko said...

I had Queens on that J32 board. Good game and good HU match. See u in the TOC!

Fun Mobile Games said...

Hi,
We are interested in 3 way link exchanges with your site http://pokernation.blogspot.com
We prefer 50 word descriptions with 1 embedded link in the content and can offer the same service.
We have pr3/4 gambling sites with many indexed pages and a very small number of outgoing links.
Please let us know if you are interested by email funnyblogger at gmail dot com with link to your blog.