Saturday, March 11, 2006

A new life at 30?

After much pondering, I've decided to attend grad school in the fall. I'll stick around Tuscaloosa (since I now have pretty thick roots here) and study marketing. It's a one-year program that will hopefully open some new doors for me.

This also means that despite my whining and sputtering, I'll be earning my bread next year much as I have done the last --playing poker and performing whatever odd jobs I can find. TV work = good money. Hopefully, I can get more of it and worry less about trying to keep the money flowing in with poker.

My decision not to return to the paper also means I have my summer free again, so unless I go broke I'll be back in Vegas for much of the WSOP, as well as BARGE, which ends three days before grad school begins. What sweet timing.

Flying to Reno on Monday and will be there for a few weeks. Hopefully, I'll provide better reports and a few pro interviews than the Tunica trip. I seemed to be in a fog in January.

The past two months haven't been much better as I've struggled since that 3hr. $2K win. Taking other people's money can cause conflicting emotions, but it's not as bad as losing your own.

No comments: