Thursday, April 10, 2008

Freshened up the blog

I'm too lazy to go pull weeds in my yard, but I did get the motivation today to freshen up this blog. For one, I've blogrolled all of the players who left comments in the past week, including Fuel and Donkette. I'm not one to hold hard feelings guys and gals. If anyone would like to link to me I would be very much in your debt.

Looking at some of the blogs for the first time, I was impressed with the quality of the designs. My blog is rather pathetic in comparison. I did spruce it up a tad, first by getting rid of useless ads and boxes from Google and Amazon that weren't really making me any money. I finally updated my poll, which you may recall asked how many players were anticipated at the 2006 WSOP main event. The new poll should be a fun one as it relates to an article I'm doing for the June issue of Rounder that proposes the question: which former WSOP event should be brought back to the Series?

I also have started (barely) my 2008 WSOP resources section. I found that on Bravenet you can start a calendar, and I am going to put one together that lists the days of the various tournaments in Vegas this summer, including the WSOP, Binion's Poker Classic, Grand Poker Series at the Nugget, Venetian Deep Stack Extravaganza, the Bellagio Cup and the Orleans Open.

For the May issue of Rounder I'm writing an article on planning your trip to Vegas for the WSOP and will post much of that info on here as well. Hopefully this section will be helpful to both Vegas virgins and old hands.

As always, thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Fuel55 said...

Just beautiful.

BWoP said...

Thanks for the link!

I was *just* thinking about putting together a similar calendar.

I guess I'll let you do the hard work so I can just bookmark it.

All the best for continued success in the BBT3.