Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Signing off from Vegas

It wasn't a very post filled trip, I know. But with the writing work good, that's nice for the pocketbook.

They're in the Amazon Room now playing for $8 million, four handed for awhile now. I float in there now and then to check the progress, but mostly keep up with it on PokerNews.

It wasn't quite the summer of '06, but I enjoyed the trip. Only broke even playing poker in town (but have won nearly $2K online just sitting around in the media room the last couple of days). Just couldn't win the coinflips or otherwise might be up $5K or more.

Hopefully, the work I've done here will pay off when I return with my continued writing for PokerWorks and Rounder. I'm also feeling strongly about turning more seriously toward tournament poker. Even though I haven't been very lucky on this trip, I feel I'm making good reads and having the courage to act on them, whether it's calling a big bluff on the river or calling an all in with 4-4 when I am convinced my opponent has two high cards. I'll be working on building a bankroll for the FTOPS and WCOOP events. Maybe I can make some noise.

But first and foremost, it's wedding planning. Amy and I get married in just over a month and we have to pick out the cake and flowers. I am very excited about the future and spending my life with her. She also puts up with my poker playing, which most normal people would think is pretty crazy. Amy's a keeper.

But now I must pack up and drive back to Binion's to catch six hours sleep. My flight's at 8:30 in the morning.

Good night from Vegas.

1 comment:

syferium said...

I saw your website and all the blgs are very good, so you have the opportunity to sell space ads on you blogs... And i can't find another way to contact you,sorry...


i receive 72$ every month doing nothing, there is just 4 links at my website)))And you're website is much more better then mine.
Payments via PAYPAL and CHECK!!

http://www.text-link-ads.com/?ref=29747

No matter what language your website or blog has. No matter how many visitors a day visit your website, it's only depends on the PR!
PR MUST BE AT LEAST 2!!!!

IF SO YOU CAN EARN MONEY!!! LOT OF MONEY!!

try them...


After you'll sign up here write to me... and i'll tell you how to optimize it for well...

You can find several good tips here http://googlegeotargeting.blogspot.com