Thursday, February 07, 2008

Get "Lost"

Yep, I've been home for two weeks and have yet to post on the second leg of my trip. I'm so lazy I'm not even going to do it today. But it was interesting. From sharing a cab with Hoyt Corkins and John Phan, to sharing an elevator with a drunken Gavin Smith to shooting craps with T.J. Cloutier and sharing vegetables with Freddy Deeb, it was certainly a noteworthy trip and I will write it up soon. Maybe tomorrow, but I wouldn't hold my own breath for that.

What's on my mind is that wonderful gift from J.J. Abrams. No, not Cloverfield...no comment on that one. Thursdays are now a day to which we can look forward. Thursdays are now the days of "Lost."

I've been hooked on the show since its premiere. While it has had its ebbs and flows, in general "Lost" has set a high bar for writing and storytelling that few other, if any, nightime serials can match. The season finale in May with its surprise "flash forward" had us "Lost" fans salivating for this year's season four premiere. And last week's first episode did not disappoint. We not know that six people from Oceanic Flight 815 make it off the island alive. We know three of them are Jack, Kate and Hurley. I believe tonight we find out who the other three are.

The writers often seem to introduce more mysteries each week than they answer, and while they might seem frustrating to some, I enjoy the building suspense. Each episode is like a Christmas present I get to unwrap each week.


Click the headline to go to a site I enjoy reading that is written by a guy who is closely watching each episode to attempt to unravel the mysteries of the island.

No comments: