Wednesday, December 29, 2004

And the beat goes on

How do you like the catchphrase, said in my best Forrest Gump drawl, "Life is like a game of poker, you never know what cards you're goin' to git." OK, maybe not.

My discussion of the online experiment sparked some lively banter on PokerStars one night. Most people find the results unbelievable and I still am not sure that the sample I have so far is a fair indicator of what my future results will be. Maybe after I've clocked about 1,000 hours then I can safely say I have a realistic projection. Anyway, here is an email I received a couple of weeks ago:

5BB per hour is basicly unreal. 80 hours is way too small of a sample. However, your having a good run, keep at it, but the poker gods know all, and will correct that imbalance. I enjoyed chatting w/ you last night on Stars. I hope to follow your experiment, and see what the tide will bring.

Jason

The Tide will bring a win in the Music City Bowl I hope. Does anyone know of a talisman I can buy to ward off the poker gods? On a bright note, the rousing success of the experiment continues. After 120+ hours I'm now averaging $32 an hour in the 3/6 shorthanded games. For you math majors, thats around four large. I'll be taking some of that to Tunica next week. Can you say parlay? Peace out...or something like that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey TuscaloosaJohnny, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a How to give a blow job site. It pretty much covers How to give a blow job related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

Anonymous said...

Hi TuscaloosaJohnny!I like your blog!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a nose job Texas
site. It pretty much covers nose job Texas related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

UNKNOWN said...

There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. 加拿大签证在线